Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday in the Sun

I am the guard kitty, reporting for duty. My first afternoon job is to patrol the house. I must make sure Heather and Craig are safe here. I walk across the deck slowly, looking for signs of danger (and snacks!). I can smell Scruffy Gray's scent from his visit here. Must continue my search. The coast is clear. Time to move on to the front yard - see what danger lurks there.


(Note: Please do your best to ignore the leash.)





I am a lion, out on a hunt. The sun shining on my back, the breeze carrying scents of possible prey. I crouch down in the grass, hiding so my prey will not see me. Must walk as low to the ground as possible. Slinking along the tall grass, tail flickering in anticipation, searching for my dinner.

I sniff the breeze for signs of birds and insects and potential BBQs. Sigh, nothing. I slowly walk across the grass, feeling the clovers tickle my belly. I crouch and LEAP! Darn! Missed the honey bee again! But wait - is that a grasshopper hiding in the grass? I will find him...

Aah, yesterday was a little piece of heaven! I played outside for 4 hours! Four! It's the most I've ever been outside. Sunny, 60 degrees, what more could I ask for (besides a month straight of that perfect weather)? Ohh, I know, a belly rub and lunch! (Was that supposed to be a rhetorical question?)

No comments:

Post a Comment