Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Time is Dinner-o?

Hello! What's a kitty have to do to get some dinner-o around here? And what do you mean "Get off the table"? Can't you see? My hind legs are clearly on the chair which means I am NOT on the table. I am on the chair. Jeez. Some people!


Today did not go as planned. I managed to wake up Heather by 6 a.m. (my breakfast time!) since Craig wasn't home. Normally he feeds me in the morning so Heather can sleep in. Today I dragged Heather out of bed and she fed me double what I normally get. So, yeah, I was feeling pretty lucky. And then - out of nowhere - she grabbed her car keys and vanished. And left me alone in the house all day. And she left me without lunch to boot! I was pretty unhappy with her, I'll tell you.


I meant to let her have it when she got home. I stood by the side door and meowed as pitifully as I could when I heard her car pull into the garage. I had to make her feel guilty for leaving me all day. But then she walked in (looking exhausted) and immediately fed me dinner-o and played chase with me all over the house. OK, I was forced to purr. What can I say? I love chase!


Oh, and while she was gone I checked out the Humane Society of Skagit Valley but there was no sign of Scruffy Gray. I know, Heather said it would take about a week to get him listed, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the timing would work out and I'd see his picture. I hope he's OK over there. Just think about it - all those kitties to deal with and all that barking from those noisy dogs. It would be enough to make the fur stand up on my back. Well, Scruffy Gray, if you're out there, I'm thinking about you. Snuggle tight! You'll get a home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment