Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yesh! - It's a Play Day!

Yesh! It's the weekend! Not that my work load is any different, mind you, but things change around the house. Heather spent the afternoon making orange and chocolate liqueurs and meatball soup while I watched and sniffed the kitchen floor to see what treats had landed there.

And after we woke up from our afternoon naps we noticed that the rain had ended and the sky had cleared. Yesh! Time for a walk! Heather put my in the dreaded harness and leash (UGH! This is SO embarrassing!) and we walked around the neighborhood. The house across the street has a nice heather plant that I had to check out plus a bunch of really large rocks I needed to sniff and walk on. I also made it past a family with small children unscathed and that made my day.


Yes, if you must know, I am still recovering from the "twins incident." Last week these 7 year old girls kept picking me up and squeezing me and fighting over me. I tried to escape to Heather but she thought it was no big deal and she proceeded to let the girls drag me into the house, where they chased me upstairs and tried to pull me out from under the bed. It was horrible! I didn't talk to Heather all day after that. I still get shaky thinking about it.


So tonight when I saw a group of people that included two small children, I stared Heather down and she got the hint. She placed me on her shoulder and protected me from them. It still gave me quite a scare. We were at the same place (the mailbox) where the twins had been. I can't help it if it made me shake. How was I to know these kids wouldn't come after me too? Luckily, Heather kept me safe and calmed me down.


And now I've had my dinner and I'm ready for my evening nap. Tomorrow's another play day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment