Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scruffy Gray

He finally disappeared but of course my owners had to go outside and search for him. Let him go! It's not like he lives here. If the cat wants to leave, let him go already! Hello? What am I - chopped liver? Hmm, that sounds pretty tasty right now...

Heather and Craig went to the garage and started making a big racket. Who knows what they were up to since they won't let me out there to investigate. Then I spotted them out on the deck looking around and shaking more Meow Mix. Who would run to that? Fresh tuna, sure, but dry sawdust?

I heard him and found myself trying to get my owners' attention. Hey, guys - listen! I think I heard him under the deck! Craig looked and voila! Why am I helping him? I guess it's because he's a homeless kitty. And it's winter and brutally cold outside. Wouldn't you want someone to take care of you if you were homeless, injured, cold and hungry?

Scruffy Gray is now in the garage. I heard Heather and Craig line my carrier with a warm wool blanket and place another blanket on top - just like the lady at the local animal shelter told them to. They put out food and water and a makeshift litterbox from an old shoebox. I hope he stays warm tonight. Snuggle tight, Scruffy Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment