Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Other Giuseppe Gattino

Have you ever found out that someone else has your exact same name? Do you wonder what they look like? How they act? If there's any resemblance to you because they share your name?

I was poking around on the web (Heather was busy working, so she didn't notice I was using her computer) and I thought, "Why not google myself?" Come on, everyone's done it! Haven't you ever looked to see if you exist on the web? So I googled me: Giuseppe Gattino. And look what I found! Another Italian! Of course, he's got a lot less hair than I do. But seriously, look at him.

We share the same serious expression - that's my exact look when I see a bug flying in the house! A complete focus of attention. And do you know what else we share? A love of games! The other Giuseppe was the head of media relations for the winter Olympic games in Torino. I love organizing games too! I like to play chase and soccer and hide-and-seek and devil-kitty. I like taking my favorite toy upstairs when Craig and Heather are sleeping and leave it out on the bathroom floor. That way when they wake up they know I'm ready for them to throw it around for me. See? I'm a game organizer too!

And I love the Olympics! I remember last summer when Craig and Heather took me over to the neighbor's house and we watched a girls' beach volleyball game in the summer Olympics. I was so excited watching the ball fly around the screen that I jumped at the T.V. and dug my kitty nails into the T.V. stand to catch the ball. Aah! The memories!

You know what else is kind of a weird coincidence about me and Giuseppe? The Winter Olympics are coming here next year! OK, they'll be in B.C. but that's only 60 miles from here. Is that strange or what? Maybe he'll be coming over with the Italians. Il mondo e piccolo!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, you are sure two of a kind, G.G.s

    Rabbits' Guy says he'll try to only drive on Tue and Thurs for awhile ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciao, it's giuseppe gattino writing. nice words and nice picture.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete