Thursday, March 26, 2009

Springtime!

The sun came up (after breakfast, of course) and it was strong. Spring has come! Finally! At 8 a.m. I couldn't take it any longer and stood at the front door. Meow! Meow! Hello! It's time for me to go outside! I know what's out there. Yesterday there was a squirrel I wanted to chase, not to mention those tasty-looking robins. And yesterday Heather let me chase a honey bee that kept flying around the heather plants. Think of all the fun waiting for me out there! I had to go - and right now!
Heather got the message and brought out the dreaded harness. No! I ran away. I want to play outside like other kitties! Alas, it was not to be. Sigh. I finally consented to the stupid harness and leash and went outside with Craig. Hopefully the other cats won't see me like this and make fun of me.
We walked around the neighborhood and then I got to play in the yard. I sniffed the plants, took a few bites of the tastier ones, and walked around. It was pretty cold out there - Craig had to wear his fleece jacket - but it was perfect for my thick coat.
Aah! What a great spring morning! I deserve a long nap after all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment