Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Miss You, Scruffy Gray

I know, I know. I said I didn't want to share my home. But something happened. I heard Craig and Heather leave for the Humane Society and yet I still couldn't believe Scruffy Gray left.

I spent all afternoon staring out the sliding glass door waiting to catch a glimpse of Scruffy snuggled in a ball on the deck. And every once in a while the wind would blow and I would rush over, swearing I saw his face staring back at me. But he wasn't there.
Then Heather would walk over to the garage and I would race to the door so I could look out and see if Scruffy was OK. But he wasn't there. I sat and guarded the door to the garage, but it was out of habit. There was no kitty on the other side.
Sigh. I miss you Scruffy Gray. I hope you're OK at your temporary home. May you feel warm and loved by the people at the shelter. May the food taste good and the bed be snuggly. May a good family find you and take you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment