Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Waiting Game

Here I am waiting for Heather's mom to show up for a weekend visit. And I think I'm waiting for Scruffy Gray to move in too. I'm not sure, but that's what it sounded like when Heather and Craig were talking. Of course they waited till I was out of the room, but I caught some of it.
I heard Craig tell Heather that Scruffy Gray was shaved (remember the matting of fur he had on his back?) and that now he's got a velveteen sheen. Maybe we won't call him Scruffy Gray after all....
So now I'm just staring out the window waiting to catch a glimpse of Heather's mom so I can help her unpack. She always brings a million bags - and not the kind that Heather and Craig use when they leave me. No, she packs a million tiny little bags that have a couple items each. Craig and Heather have to help unload the car when she comes and there's so many bags for me to play with! And then I get to show her my new tunnel and then I'll get to hide under her bed and come out and grab the ties to her robe as she wanders around my room. Ooh, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment