Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scruffy and the Vet

Is Scruffy sick? On Monday he went to the vet (better you than me, ol' pal!) and when he returned Heather was all teary-eyed. Yes, he's an older kitty with a missing tooth and a bum leg and arthritis in his back or hips. Sure, Heather and Craig knew that when they brought him home from the shelter.

But the top of his eyes seem to be showing some weird sign that made the vet nervous. Nervous enough that Heather noticed the vet trying to pull herself together before telling Heather what she saw. Maybe Scruffy has something called FIP (feline infectious peritonitis). And maybe he'll get really sick and I'll never get to meet him.

We won't know for sure till he gets really sick. The vet that I normally see called this morning and explained to Heather that the test results came back as a "maybe". How helpful is that? And now the vet says that I can't meet Scruffy for another month. A month! Do you know how long that is in a kitty life? Forever!
All I know is that Heather works in her office all day with the door closed so I can't see what she and Scruffy are doing. They could be playing board games together and leaving me out. I am not happy with this situation.
And when I came down with conjunctivitis Monday night Heather had a panic attack. She was sure I had whatever old Scruffers has and forced me to the emergency vet that night. Ugh! I don't what she's complaining about - lack of sleep, lots of money, blah blah blah. Come on, I'm the one who got the anal probe - twice! And believe me, the tuna treat she gave me when I came home did not make up for that treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment