Monday, April 20, 2009

Scruffy the Escape Artist

On Friday Scruffy Gray escaped from his room and decided to check out the house. We met up downstairs and he turned and ran. I thought he wanted me to chase him, so I ran up the stairs behind him. But then Scruffy arrived at the top step and started hissing, spitting and growling at me and I was forced to hide under one of the steps. "Maybe if he can't see my face he'll stop hissing," I hoped.

Heather tried to get Scruffy back into the sanctuary room but for a frail older kitty, Scruffy is quite an escape artist. He zoomed right past her and tried to go outside. He meowed and scratched at the garage door and then, like a dummy, he tried to get between the sliding glass door and the screen to see if he could escape that way. It doesn't work that way, Scruffy. Believe me! (Of course, I haven't been able to fit between the screen and the sliding glass door since I was a kitten - but that's just because I'm furrier than him.)

Heather then tried to touch him (to pick him up to carry him back to his room) and he turned on her. He tried to bite and scratch her, but luckily, Heather has quick reflexes and she got away unscathed. She finally brought out the evil kitty carrier and he walked right in. Phew!
On Saturday, Scruffy needed to recover from all the excitement. And on Sunday Scruffy got to explore the house while I was locked in Heather and Craig's room. Why is he so freaked out by me? I'm just a fun-loving, playful kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment