Saturday, April 11, 2009

Scruffalino - the real deal

Scruffy Gray - "in the flesh!" That's right. He had all of his matted fur shaved right off (at the shelter) before Heather picked him up last night. Yes, sigh, it's true. Scruffy Gray and I are now in the same house. He's behind the door inside of Heather's office and I am periodically camped out on the other side. You know, just so I can keep an eye on the situation.

Scruffy seemed pretty excited to come to our house. He walked around the office, sniffing everything in sight, and seemed to settle right in. He ate dinner exuberantly and then that's when I knew he was stressed. He immediately threw up his entire dinner, completely undigested, and then came to the door and hissed at me. And then he hissed at Craig and hid in his snuggle bed.

I know we're supposed to hiss at each other a little (got to keep Heather and Craig on their toes, you know. Wouldn't want them to think we were ok with sharing the house.) But hissing at Craig, well, obviously it was a hard day for Scruffy. Leaving the shelter, going for a car ride with Heather (that's always an adventure, I tell you), then plopped down into a new room in a new place that smells like another kitty and listening to all new sounds. Don't worry, Scruffalino, I'm camped out in front of your door to make sure you're ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment