Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scruffy Gray Comes to Life

Scruffy's feeling better. On Saturday and Sunday he spent almost the entire time in his little fleece bed, hiding from moi (not like I could come in his room since Heather has the door shut).

Heather and Craig commented that each morning Scruffy would start out wandering around the santuary room, looking around to get acquainted with his surroundings, and eat breakfast. And then as soon as he remembered I was on the other side of the door, he would retreat into his snuggle bed and hide for the rest of the day. Heather was relieved when she realized that Scruffy was hiding because he was afraid of me and not because of the unspoken thought they both had: "What if he's sick?"


Monday came and Scruffy wandered around his room a little more and ate at a normal speed. And Monday night he didn't want Heather to leave him alone in the room. When he caught sight of me, he still stood up in his snuggle bed and hissed at me a little, but I didn't take it personally.


And today Scruffy Gray has turned into a different kitty altogether. He was waiting outside of his snuggle bed when Heather went up to feed him breakfast. He had been climbing around on her work chair and up on her desk. He came to the door and looked out at me and he didn't hiss this time. I heard him climb up on the windowsill and meow at Heather's mom while she was packing her car. And I heard him get into trouble for knocking stuff off Heather's desk while she was trying to work. Wait a second - that's my job!

I hope we get to meet soon. I am kind of looking forward to having a playmate. As long as he doesn't take all of Heather and Craig's love. I am king kitty of this house, not Scruffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment