Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF - Oh, Please!

The day just didn't start out well. Craig and Heather were stressed with a ton of work and completely ignored me. Fine. I'm ok playing on my own. I went to my room to take a nice mid-morning nap on my bed and was rudely woken up by Craig. Let's get this right - you're too busy to play with me when I'm awake, but when I'm napping you want to grab me and wrap me under the covers? I finally got away after giving Craig a good talking to and a paw to the face.
Then Heather was late feeding me lunch. Again. Sigh. Don't these people get it? My lunch is at noon. 12 p.m. How hard is that to understand? Heather knows exactly when it's 5 p.m. to leave work, but noon seems to be a difficult concept for her - and Craig.
After work (right at 5 o'clock) Heather decided we should go for a walk and enjoy the day. After we struggled with the harness (please don't let her get it on me - shoot!) we set off to the next door neighbor's house. Heather wanted to talk, like always, and left me to meet their 9 year old cat, Whiskers. She was off leash while I was stuck letting her sniff me trapped in a ridiculous harness. I ran away and tried to get back to the house but Heather had the nerve to pick me up and bring me back to the neighbors. Did I mention that the neighborhood neglected dog stood and barked at me while Whiskers laughed at my harness? I desperately tried to run home but Heather stopped me every time. Finally, Heather let me go home, but she realized that I had wiggled my head out of the harness. I had to slink home with the harness stuck around my middle like I was a stinky ferret. Heather was so mad she didn't even give me a tuna treat. I was ridiculed by the neighborhood animals and she wouldn't even give me a stupid treat.
After Heather and Craig had dinner Heather had the audacity to bring out the vacuum cleaner. On a Friday night! And then to top it off, she put some sticky thing on all my favorite steps so I can't play with the stairs.
TGIF? No, way. I think I'll go back to bed and wait for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment