Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Total Kitty Makeover

Heather's favorite column in fitness magazines is the Total Makeover with the before and after photos of people who have transformed their lives. So, let's focus on someone who has been completely transformed in the short time he has lived at my house: Scruffers!





Here he is in the "before" shot: matted fur that was 'icky' to touch, eyes half-closed due to a chronic eye infection, and while not visible to the untrained eye, a very malnourished and weak kitty.





Now for the transformed Scruffers: A healthy kitty who has happily taken over my spot on the love seat in the living room. Since he's napping in this photo, you may not be able to see that his eye infection has completely vanished. The contented smile is a sign of how happy he is to receive two square meals a day and a kitty friend (me!) who keeps him on his toes.

I admit it, I was a little hesitant to invite Scruffers into my house, but watching him open up and learn to love us and his new home has been amazing. And I love having someone to play with every morning. He chases me around the house and sometimes we have swatting contests (until a pre-caffeinated Craig starts to raise his voice at us for making too much noise). It's all in good fun, Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment