Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to Canadians and Scruffy Gray

I talked with Scruffy Gray this morning and he told me he wanted to celebrate a late Canadian Thanksgiving since it's too early to celebrate it here. "Why?" I asked him and here's what he had to say.

Scruffers: "The weather is turning cold and rainy and every time I look outside I remember how miserable I was last year. Living outside in the cold, the pouring rain, fending for myself, with no one to care for me. And here I am, inside a warm, dry house, with a soft fleece bed to nap on, a new kitty friend (that's you, Giuseppe Gattino!), great humans who love me, and two delicious meals served to me every day. I am forever grateful that I was rescued and given another chance at life."

Wow. Sometimes I'm so busy playing, napping, getting petted and making sure I get fed on time that I forget how lucky I am. Thanks for the reminder, Scruffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment