Thursday, July 16, 2009

Who is Chartreuse?

What? You haven't met Chartreuse yet? He's one of the guys who lives here at the house. He met Heather and Craig years ago when they stopped by McDonald's. Chartreuse wanted to escape (to0 many small children) and Heather agreed to let him move in. Below is our conversation.
Giuseppe: I saw on your tag you were made in China. What was it like there?
Chartreuse: Hot, crowded, and full of young children in the factory where I was born. I was happy to be packaged and shipped to the U.S. to start a new life.
Giuseppe: How did you get the name Chartreuse?
Chartreuse: (Laughs) Funny story... Heather and Craig named me based on my color. But neither of them knew that Chartreuse was a green color, not a variation of fuchsia. I had the name for a few years before someone told me. Heather offered to rename me, but Chartreuse is a part of my identity. I am Chartreuse - no matter what color I am.
Giuseppe: What do you like to do for fun?
Chartreuse: I really like to hike. One of the advantages to being tiny is that I pack easily and I can fit anywhere in a backpack. One of my favorite trips was touring SE Oregon (Steens Mountain) and Nevada's Great Basin National Park with Craig, Heather, Doug and Beanie a few years ago. Hiking to the top of Wheeler Peak was amazing! Do you know what it's like for a tiny bear to look out at 13,000 feet? Pretty spectacular, I tell you.
Giuseppe: Do you have any plans this summer?
Chartreuse: I hope to get some backpacking in and maybe do the Clear Lake Triathlon with Heather. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment