Monday, July 6, 2009

It Looks Like a Good Week from Here

Yesh! It's a new week and this week looks to be much better. The Fourth of July is over - and hopefully that means all the neighborhood idiots ran out of fireworks (or fingers)! And finally the heat is gone! Yay!

I admit it, the fourth was a little tough. I was OK until our neighbors set off a chain of fireworks and then I was forced to hide under the bed. They were so loud and scary sounding. But the heat is what really got me. Ugh! It was too hot on Saturday and Sunday and I know I whined too much, but I was miserable. Heather could barely move on Sunday too. She just laid on the couch and periodically got up to refill her glass of iced tea.

How did Scruffy Gray fare? Um, not so well. The heat was really hard on him and the firework's forced him under the bed. How do you reassure an abandoned kitty that he's safe on the Fourth of July? He spent Sunday pacing all day in a continued stress response. Then he tried to go downstairs and the evil ceiling fan was on. I don't know what happened to him (he won't tell me the story) but he is scared to death of the ceiling fan. Upon spotting it he ran to the guest room and hid under the bed all day. And he hissed at Craig and Heather.

He seems better today. He snuggled in with Craig so they could read the paper together and then he purred on Heather's lap before it was time for his all-day nap.

And me, I'm much better today too! I feel like playing again and running laps around the house. And trying to coax Scruffy out of bed to play with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment