Sunday, May 16, 2010

Worn out

I don't know how Heather and Craig do it. With the improved weather they've been on the go constantly and it's all I can do to keep up. Just hearing about their adventures makes me exhausted.
Craig's hiking tons of miles every day trying to finish the research for his upcoming Day Hiking Columbia Gorge book. Every time he calls to report his daily hike, he sounds beat. He even hung up on Heather mid-sentence one night because his mind was toast.
And Heather has a big event coming up - a half ironman - so she's been constantly out running, or swimming at the lake or going for long bike rides. She comes home looking so tired that Scruffy and I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she remembers to feed us before she passes out.
It's enough to make me want to curl up in my snuggle bed and take a long nap. Hmm, that sounds like a great idea! I think I might do that - if Heather's snoring doesn't keep me awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment