Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hissy Fit

How much trouble do you think one kitty can get into in one day? It can't be that much, can it? Well, why don't we just tally it up and see, shall we?

Scruffers wanted to roam the house this morning so Heather locked me into her bedroom. But then Scruffy got scared and just stood at the door of his sanctuary. Heather sat down close by to let him know it was OK to leave, but he thought she was blocking his way. So he hissed at her and then jumped over her while continuously hissing in her direction. That move surprised her and she spilled her morning coffee all over herself (and the white carpet).

Later he decided he wanted out again but Heather hadn't locked me up. He decided he was going to barge past her and so he charged downstairs. I don't mind if Scruffy wants to check out the house, but he's going to have me meet me if we're going to share living quarters. So I ran over to greet him and he hissed and growled until I decided to take off. Heather was forced to chase me down (I didn't make it easy on her, I'll tell you that!) and lock me in her room again until Scruffers went back upstairs.

But tonight was the kicker. He was sitting lovingly on her lap when Heather pulled out the eye drops (for his kitty herpes infection!!!) and he snapped at her while in her arms. And then, after running away, he walked back over to her to smack her hand and then hid again. She waited a while and the third time she opened the eye drops and put it close to his eye he freaked. He hissed and waved his paw at her lashing out.

You know, even when Scruffers smacked her hand he only gave her a gentle high five. I know he's just trying to tell her he's scared and to back off. Heather's a little afraid of him still so she takes the warnings seriously. I think she's nervous he's going to turn on her. But even when he was angry at her tonight he only high-fived her. He's never used his nails and he's never tried to bite. I think it's a sign that he wants to be good and that he really respects people; he's just wigged. Sometimes Heather and Craig call him tweak when he gets like this. He was definitely tweak today!

Oh yeah, who's the good kitty around here? That would be moi. I'll make sure to be snuggly tonight so Heather gets the hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment