Thursday, May 28, 2009

Surprise Hissy Fit

I stare at the door where Scruffy Grey hides every day hoping to catch a glimpse of him. And today I did. After being locked in Heather and Craig's room for what felt like forever, I found a way out. Heather had opened the door to lure Scruffers back to his sanctuary when I made a run for it. Ta-da! I'm outta here!
But then Heather called out to Craig and they both came running after me. I shot downstairs with them right on my heels and went straight for my food bowl. But where my food bowl normally lies was a kitty instead. Scruffy was lying by the side door enjoying the sun. Well, until I showed up. I ran through the living room and as I headed over to Scruffers he stood up and began hissing at me. At me! Can you believe it? And then he let out a deep-throated growl.
Well, it was enough to make me run back into the living room, that's for sure! I took one more shot at the dining room but Scruffers wouldn't let up with his growling. So I made a beeline for the stairs and went back into the bedroom. And waited. And waited... Come on guys - it's been long enough. Heather was nice enough to bring up some food and water for me, but I should be able to walk through my own house and get it myself.
Scruffers - I just want to meet you. Can't we be friends?
(Photo: Scruffy Grey looking deceivingly innocent and friendly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment