Monday, May 11, 2009

The Accident

OK, so I got into trouble. It's not like I meant to do it. Here I was, on a Sunday afternoon, helping Craig and Heather with the housework. Craig got a dresser and so they lugged it upstairs. I wasn't allowed to help with that but once it was in place they let me check it out.
It's a nice dresser - made out of cherry. Great solid wood! It goes well with the furniture in the bedroom. (OK, the bed. There's not a lot of furniture in the bedroom.)
I was sitting on it, nicely - with my tail curled around me, when Craig came in to look for me. Heather and I thought it was pretty funny that he walked right past me and didn't see me. But then he turned, suddenly, and it scared me. So I jumped. But not until after I skidded along the dresser, leaving a long deep scratch along the surface. Craig wouldn't talk to me for hours.
I didn't mean to scratch it. If you had long toenails that you used for climbing and you walked around barefoot all day you'd accidentally scratch things too. Sorry, Craig! Please don't declaw me!
(Photo: Giuseppe inspecting whether the sink needs to be cleaned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment