Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Chance Encounter

Ah, yes, you have caught me while I was catching up on some paperwork. What? You want to ask me about Scruffy Gray? Sigh.

OK, if you insist. On Monday I heard the door to Heather's office open. Must have been the wind - plus someone didn't shut the door all the way. So I snuck in to check Scruffers out while he was curled up in his snuggle bed.

It was mid-afternoon, which is when he likes to sleep (really he likes to sleep all the time), and he was in a deep sleep when I tiptoed in. I sat about two feet in front of his little bed and just stared. He opened his eyes and stared back, but didn't move. And we just sat that way and checked each other out.

Then Heather came in and shouted for Craig to come look and Scruffers got all worked up. He stood up a little in his bed and I snuck around to sniff his behind (come on, when will I ever get to meet him properly?) when Heather scooped me up and carried me out of the room. Darn! Foiled again!

He didn't hiss at me today so that's a plus. Maybe someday he'll get to come out and play with me... I'm still hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment