Friday, December 25, 2009

A Christmas wish come true

Scruffers and I like to take turns sleeping under the Christmas tree. Of course, when Scruffers is under the tree Heather and Craig "ooh" and "aah" about what an adorable kitty he is. But when I am under the tree Heather pulls out the squirt bottle ready to aim when I taste test the needles.

Of course, when I am under the tree I like to mark the area with my pheromones by rubbing my face against the tree. I'm not really eating the needles; I know they were made in China (by small children). But Scruffers, he's different. When he gets under the tree he stares off into space for a while (usually till he starts snoring and we wake him up with our laughter). Then he gets settled in and takes a long nap.

What is that little guy thinking? Here's what we have decided: Scruffy is still feeling thankful that his wish came true. Remember, just a year ago he was living on the streets in the snow and freezing temperatures, barely getting enough food to survive. And then one day we took him and and nursed him back to health. And now here he is - living indoors, with two square meals every day, two down comforters to sleep on, a fleece snuggle bed, a kitty friend (me!), and two warm laps to choose from. If Christmas is about being thankful for what we have, then Scruffy Gray is celebrating Christmas more than all of us. Merry Christmas, little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment