Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas rush and treats for Santa

I know, I know, it's been a long time since I've written to you. Well, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to not keep in touch. I have no excuse except that it's Christmastime and this time of the year I feel the time pinch.

Come on, you have to understand all the things I have to get done. Help Craig and Heather with their Christmas cards (check) - ok, I admit it. I contracted that out to Scruffers. That's why some of them are so late. He's a little slow at cards.

Why? Well, first of all, he spends more time napping than me because he's pretty old. (Sorry, Scruffs, but it's true.) And he's just slow. Between the arthritis in his hind legs and back and the overly-flexible front leg, he has a hard time getting around. And then he spends a lot of time just staring out into space. That eats up a lot of card-writing time too.

Where was I? Gift wrapping (check) - I think. I always love helping wrap presents: chasing the wrapping paper so it stays in line and batting at the tape dispenser. Hanging of the Christmas ornaments and decorations (check). That was fun too. I like to check to make sure the tree is still fresh, but every time I try and taste the needles I get sprayed with the squirt bottle. And sniff the presents (check). Scruffers and I take turns doing that. And sleep under the Christmas tree (check).

See how busy I am? No wonder I don't have time to play! Now, if you excuse me, I have to go bake some tuna treats for Santa. I hope he likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment