Monday, July 12, 2010

Be careful what you wish for

What can I say? Perhaps Be careful what you wish for would be a good place to start. I spent the past two months waiting for the weather to get decent. I have been moping like the rest of you in Washington, done with the rain, the gray, the never ending 60-degree days.
Then suddenly the temperature shot up from 60 to 92 last week. Whoa! I said I wanted nice weather, not heat stroke. And for those of you who may not understand: no one in their right mind would purchase A/C in this part of the country. Why waste your money? For what, one week a a year? So last week we suffered. Scruffy Gray hid under the guest bed all day for 3 days in a row and was so stressed from the heat, the frightening overhead fans whirling overtime and the open windows letting in the sounds of barking dogs that he threw up his dinner all three days.
And me? Come on, I'm a long-haired kitty. Half Maine Coon. Do you think for a second that I enjoy baking in my fur? So we suffered.
But there are many positives that have come from the heat wave:
1. Summer's finally here! Believe me, everyone's mood improved.
2. Now I am happy that it's 60 degrees and gray outside today. I could use a little sun break.
3. The garden is finally taking off! And biggest bonus of them all: I got to go outside and play!!!
With the leash on, dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment