Friday, July 30, 2010

Declaw the guy!

I was browsing on Facebook today and I noticed a post from a local woman who wrote "I'm still sad about my missing cat." So I started reading the comments and the whole situation just about makes me want to go over to her house and wring her husband's neck.

(Caption: Scruffy teaches Giuseppe some tricks of foraging for food in the wild).
Get a load of this: This woman has had two indoor kitties for 11 years (bless her!). They are declawed (take that previous sentiment back!) and recently her husband decided that they should live outside. So at 11 years old, and without claws to defend themselves or climb to safety, the old kitties were ceremoniously thrown out. And now one's missing.


OK, I can understand that some people don't like cats. Heck, I don't like some people! But to live with the cats for many years (I think the couple has been together longer than 11 years) and suddenly decide to get rid of them seems a touch heartless. And then to get rid of them by tossing them outside, like the trash, well I just don't know what to say. What kind of human being has such a lack of regard for life?

Scruffy and I have voted and it was unanimous: declaw the husband and send him packing to live outside. Sheesh. Who would have such a hardened heart? Luckily, not our humans. (Plus, we made our own key to the front door!!!)
Poor lady. What happens when the husband gets sick of their children? Lady, don't declaw them, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment