Thursday, January 7, 2010

The unwanted bath

Demoralizing. That word sums it up pretty well.
I know, I am not a snuggly, play-with-strangers and sit-on-your-lap type of kitty. No, I realize I come across as aloof to newcomers. To everyone but Craig and Heather. But it doesn't mean that I don't have a heart.
I admit it. Heather and Craig's leaving for almost two weeks completely stressed me out. What would you do if the people you loved and saw all day every day suddenly packed their bags and kissed you goodbye? How was I supposed to know they were coming back?
Scruffy Gray took it all in stride. He was sure they would return, but me, well, I'm a sensitive kitty. And so the day after Heather and Craig came home, my stomach did the whirlies. I tried to make it to the kitty box on time, but alas, I failed.
But the worst part was when Heather and Craig "inspected" me for cling-ons and forced me into a lower body bath. Oh man! I ran downstairs to escape their overzealous towel drying when Scruffy saw me and laughed at my sopping wet tail.
I hope tomorrow starts off better.

No comments:

Post a Comment