Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mid-afternoon ramblings

I am so upset I can barely enjoy my nap. How can I be an indoor kitty, with all the food, love and toys I could ever want while there are people starving in Haiti? The unfairness is eating away at my conscience.

Not that I'm unhappy with my lot in life. No, quite the opposite. I love my life as an indoor kitty. I love Craig and Heather and my buddy Scruffy Gray. I love my bowl and my fleece snuggle bed and my yellow mid-day napping chair in the living room. And my toys.

But I'm having a hard time staring at photos of people who are obviously living in extreme poverty, suffering even more than they were in everyday life. Look at them. Roads, buildings, lives - completely destroyed. And yet, here I am, getting ready for my afternoon nap and the most difficult thing I have to do is decide where to spend my afternoon.

I guess the only thing I can do is feel thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment