Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Block watch kitty

Someone has to watch out for this house. If it's not going to be the humans or Scruffers, than I guess it will be me. Geesh!

It all started when Heather was on the phone talking to her mom tonight. The doorbell rang a couple of times and someone started banging on the door. Heather ignored it while we jumped a foot into the air. I mean, hello! Why would you interrupt our nap so rudely? But then it happened again - the ringing and pounding at the door.

So what does Heather do? Sets the phone down and opens the door. Didn't look out the window, nope. (Hello? Any brain cells in there?) And that's when she realized there were two strange women who didn't live in the neighborhood at her door. And then I saw it: Recognition passed through her eyes. What if this had been dangerous? I mean, there was that woman just the other day who answered her door and two guys forced their way in and tried to rob her. (But her dog bit the guy and the ran off.)

What was Heather expecting? That Scruffy would hiss them to death? Luckily Heather was very assertive and scared the strangers off so I didn't have to go after them. Who knows what they were doing, anyhow. They were pretending to sell magazines, but it was a complete scam.

Are they casing our neighborhood? Checking out the houses to see who has an attack kitty? Just so you know I have very sharp nails and I will use them. And I am the neighborhood block watch kitty, so just you try and come back. I'll be staring out the window watching for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment