Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Banana Bread Caper

I've returned, which means, of course, that Craig has left for another trip. On the bad side, I always miss Craig desperately when he's away. He gives me the best 4 a.m. belly rubs a kitty could ever wish for.

But, on the up side, I get to use my computer again! For those of you who didn't hear, Craig's computer passed away last week and Craig has been borrowing mine (OK, Heather's), which has left me without a means to post.

(Photo: The evidence, just waiting to be eaten.)

So where do I start? well, really, Friday was the most exciting day so I'll start there. Oh, did Heather ever get into trouble that day! Someone gave Heather a slice of homemade banana bread and Heather left it on the dining room table. Come on, you can't leave food on the table and think that a curious kitty (or two) won't check it out. So Heather was upstairs in her office, hard at work, when Craig came upstairs to yell at her. "Why did you leave plastic wrap on the living rooms floor? I can't believe you were eating in the living room!" (A big no-no in this house.) I hid quietly, hoping no one would notice me. He then went on about how there was a piece of half eaten banana bread lying on the table. At some point, they realized that it was me, but Heather still took the brunt of the blame. I would have finished the bread, but it was right after breakfast and I was still full.

Then, Heather was quietly eating lunch and Craig came into the kitchen to chastise her for leaving raspberry stains all over the counter. (A local farmer had just dropped by a bunch of raspberries and they were still sitting in a cardboard box on the counter.) But the stains continued onto the windowsill - and they were in the shape of paw prints! And there were a few smashed berries in the box. Heather and Craig both got a good laugh out of that, at least once Craig realized that Scruffers had not tracked raspberries onto the carpet. (Don't forget Scruffers - no food in the living room!)

So Friday was a lively day at my house! OK, I'd catch you up more, but it's time for my midday nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment